Monday, February 10, 2014

Day VIII: Snooze

Well you were probably going to find out anyway.

They say it's better to hear from the person you love. Sucks to make the discovery on your own or through a gossipy friend of a friend of a friend.

So I guess the source is the best place to get your information.

You may want to sit down for this. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Okay.

For a while now, I've felt like we've been drifting apart. No, stop, just give me a second. Just let me finish. This is important, and I just want to get through all of it in one chunk. Just listen. Please. Okay, thank you. 

For a while now, I've felt like we haven't been on the same page. You're always hustling around, trying to get any scrap of energy out of me that you can. Well, I can't do it anymore. I can't pretend that I want to roll over and just let you take everything from me that I try so hard to preserve. Even now, sitting at my computer, I just feel so drained just thinking about all that this relationship has taken out of me. And I know that sounds dramatic and unfair and selfish. I know. But, and I really am sorry, it's just too much.

It's too much, the world. And I need to tell you something.

So, the world, listen to me. I've been trying to tell you this for months, but I just haven't found the energy or the courage. Enough is enough. 

The world, I've fallen for someone else. 

I've fallen for someone else and we are deeply in love.

He does things for me that I never thought possible. He knows how to shut out the world in ways that make it feel like it's just the two of us, together, alone and forever. He embraces my foul morning moods and doesn't bother me when I just want a quiet night in bed. His generosity is unparalleled. I can be myself completely and never feel judged or embarrassed. He's just so giving.

He just makes me feel...just so, so good! And he even let's me knock him around or slap him when I'm crabby or tired! Sometimes up to 7 times a day! And he likes it, too! And I am sooo into that.

And he's here, the world. I know this might be unconventional, but I'd like you to meet him. World, meet the love of my life, snooze button.

So. Damn. Sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment